Stronger communities grants
First round of grants has now closed. Expressions of Interest are open for the second round of funding.
These grants are available to community groups within the Watson electorate (if you are unsure if you are in this electorate please check this map).
The criteria for these grants are:
- They need to be for small capital works that must deliver social benefits to your community
- Successful applicants will need to prove they can match the grant in cash or in-kind on at least dollar for dollar basis (meaning the grant can only be for 50% or less of the total cost of the project)
- Grants are available for amounts between $2,500-$20,000 (most will be between $5,000-$8,000)
Fill in the form below to register your interest in applying for a stronger community grant
Examples of Projects:
- Upgrades, construction and fit-out of community spaces, e.g. men’s sheds
- Fit-out of community centres, health centres, e.g. kitchen upgrades and equipment purchases such as computers, TVs and furniture and fittings
- Bike paths
- Sporting facilities upgrades including new scoreboards, spectator seating, goalposts, new turf, fit-out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, medical equipment, upgrade drainage and water systems, gymnasiums
- Skate parks
- Purchase of equipment for local SES
- Upgrade of facilities to provide disabled access
- Purchase of vehicles and trailers for community transport/services, surf lifesaving, medical transport
- Park furniture upgrade or installation including shade/shelters, BBQs, toilet facilities, drinking fountains.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and can include:
- Purchase of materials
- Equipment hire, lease or purchase directly related to the project
- Fit out, alterations and/ or extensions to existing premises
- Modifications to leased buildings or grounds for example refurbishing where you have support from the owner.
- We may also consider other activities to be eligible.
If you have any queries about Stronger Communities Grants please contact my office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 9750 9088.